If you are in Alicante with some spare time and you don’t know what to do, there’s a lovely place you could go. It’s an intimate asturian bar/restaurant where you can taste and discover some of the best dishes of their region only by 1€ each beer or wine with tapa. I bet you could not take only one.
- Price → Very economic. 1€ for an icy beer/wine with a tasty tapa !!
- Quality → Awesome cooker. All the food is fresh and first class
- Exotic → Different from the typical caña&tapa’s food.
- Art Auctions → Each two weeks they will put on display different artworks to bid.
- Charity team member → Ong’s contributors, all the tips go to a food bank.
Things I recommend to taste:
- Spicy Mussels called : “Asesinos” (Killers). If you really love spicy things, you should try the : “Psicópatas” (Psychopath). The stronger version of the killers.
- Cabrales Cheese. They have several dishes with it, but I recommend the pâté, and the “Sepia al Cabrales”.
- “Papas locas” (Crazy Crisps): Fried potatoes with some spices. You’ll become addicted! You can also ask for the spicy version called : “Papas locas cabreás”( Crazy crisps pissed off) You can even choose how angry do you want them to be.
How to get there?
It’s easy, it’s close to Plaza de Toros (Plaza España).
And If you’re wondering “what does Asturian Gastronomy consist of ?” don’t worry, we could sum it up for you saying that their specialities are:
- Fabada (A stew made from dried white beans)
- Beef (Famous by their high quality)
- Cider (Also used for cooking)
- Fish and seafood
- Cheese (Including the outstanding blue cheese Cabrales )
If you want further information, we recommend you to visit : Foods from spain.